Habitat for Humanity builds strength, security and self-reliance through homeownership. Join a team on the next St. Luke’s Build Day to help build and revitalize homes in East Winter Garden.
St Luke's UMC TEAM BUILD DAY with WEST ORANGE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Date: Saturday, October 30, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Depending upon work being done, end time may be earlier.)
Location: Location in East Winter Garden (off Colonial Drive). To be confirmed closer to work day. Parking is nearby.
- 10 volunteers maximum on this build site – volunteers must be over 17 and willing to sign/bring a volunteer waiver. The waiver will be attached to your confirmation email upon registering.
- This Build Day will include home construction activities; more details will be available.
- Please arrive at 9:00 am prompt for safety instruction 12:00 – lunch break 2:00 - finish time. Compliance/Insurance require all volunteers to attend the safety training at 9:00 am.
- You can also view a video about Habitat volunteer safety training here: https://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/volunteer
- All construction instruction, materials, suppies and PPE is provided – no experience necessary
- WAIVERS must be printed and signed – please bring them with you to the build site that day- the waiver is attached to your registration confirmation.
- Wear closed toe shoes, modest shorts or long pants/jeans & old clothing you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Plenty of water is provided but pack and bring your own lunch or make lunch delivery arrangements for your team and mingle with Habitat families.
- Photography is encouraged (pay particular attention to safety in photos!) and we’ll start the day with a team photo to share on social media!
Thanks for volunteering! Here’s a video for Habitat volunteers, and we look forward to building together!
Who does it take to build a Habitat house?
407-876-4991, ext. 285