Habitat for Humanity builds strength, security, and self-reliance through shelter.
Green Oaks Row, our newest affordable community in East Winter Garden was finished last year for three Habitat homeowner partners this year. The next families have been selected and are anxious to work alongside you, our volunteers to build their own home and homes of others. Families qualify for Habitat by demonstrating a housing need (affordability, substandard conditions, overcrowding), their willingness to partner through 200 hours of sweat equity, by attending financial education classes and agreeing to save for a down-payment and to repay a no-interest mortgage. We look forward to building with your team to learn new skills, to make a difference for families and to invest in our community together!
St Luke's UMC TEAM BUILD DAY with WEST ORANGE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Date: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Construction address provided closer to your build day
We are currently building in East Winter Garden community just off of Colonial Drive. We have easy access to the EastWest Expressway (408), 429 and 414 and Colonial Drive. We will provide the exact address of the home where your team will meet which can be found on GPS; plenty of nearby parking is available.
10 volunteers maximum on this build site – volunteers must be over 17 and willing to sign/bring a volunteer waiver. Waiver will be attached to your confirmation email upon registering.
This Build Day will include home construction activities; more details will be available.
Please arrive at 9:00 a.m. prompt for safety instruction
12:00 p.m. – lunch break
2:00 p.m. - finish time
Compliance/Insurance require all volunteers to attend the safety training at 9:00 am. You can also view a video about Habitat volunteer safety training here: https://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/volunteer
- All construction instruction, materials, supplies and PPE is provided – no experience necessary.
- We are safely distancing, have sanitizing stations/tools and ask that you bring a mask.
- WAIVERS must be printed and signed – please bring them with you to the build site that day- waiver will be attached to your confirmation email upon registering.
- Wear closed toe shoes, modest shorts or long pants/jeans & old clothing you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Plenty of water is provided but pack and bring your own lunch or make lunch delivery arrangements for your team and mingle with Habitat families.
- Photography is encouraged (pay particular attention to safety in photos!) and we’ll start the day with a team photo to share on social media!
Thanks for volunteering - Here’s a video for Habitat volunteers and we look forward to building with your Team!
Who does it take to build a Habitat house?