Habitat for Humanity builds strength, security and self-reliance through homeownership. Join a team on the next St. Luke’s Build Day to help build and revitalize homes in East Winter Garden.
This Build Day will be dedicated to West Orange Habitat for Humanity's Neighborhood Revitalization program. This program aims to update the homes in the community around the new homes that we are helping build. There are five homes in East Winter Garden that we will help clean, paint, and update landscaping -- and the homeowners are so excited! This is an outdoor only build, so it is weather dependent.
St Luke's UMC TEAM BUILD DAY with WEST ORANGE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Depending upon work being done, end time may be earlier.)
Location: Location in East Winter Garden (off Colonial Drive) will be confirmed closer to work date. Parking is nearby.
We are currently building in the East Winter Garden community just off of Colonial Drive. We have easy access to the EastWest Expressway (408), 429 and 414 and Colonial Drive. We will provide the exact address of the home where your team will meet which can be found on GPS; plenty of nearby parking is available.
- 10 volunteers maximum on this build site. We are safely distancing, have sanitizing stations/tools, and ask that you bring a mask.
- Volunteers must be 17 years of age or older.
- WAIVERS must be printed and signed – please bring them with you to the build site that day. The waiver will be attached to your confirmation email upon registering.
- Please arrive at 9:00 a.m. prompt for safety instruction. Compliance/Insurance require all volunteers to attend the safety training at 9:00 a.m. You can also view a video about Habitat volunteer safety training here: https://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/volunteer
- All construction instruction, materials, supplies and PPE is provided – no experience necessary.
- Wear sunscreen, closed-toe shoes, and old clothing you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Plenty of water is provided but pack and bring your own lunch or make lunch delivery arrangements for your team and mingle with Habitat families.
- Photography is encouraged (pay particular attention to safety in photos!) and we’ll start the day with a team photo to share on social media!
Thanks for volunteering! Here’s a video for Habitat volunteers, and we look forward to building together!
Who does it take to build a Habitat house?