Habitat for Humanity builds strength, security and self-reliance through homeownership.
Due to the continuing support from local community partners, West Orange Habitat for Humanity is able to provide three new homes to three deserving families on Bethune Avenue in East Winter Garden in 2023!
But, we need your help! We're looking for Volunteers to come out and help with painting, wall building, wrapping, drywall, landscaping, caulking, cabinet/flooring installation, roofing work or other construction activities. Your service to building homes means transforming a blighted neighborhood into a thriving neighborhood and promoting the legacy of homeownership for these families for generations to come. Come out and spend a Saturday giving back with Habitat for Humanity!
This Build Day is open to High School Juniors, Seniors and College Age Students. Must be age 17-25, to register.
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Depending upon work being done, end time may be earlier.)
Location: 748 Bethune Ave., Winter Garden, FL 34787
Parking is on-site.
- 15-18 volunteers maximum on this build site – volunteers must be over 17 and willing to sign/bring a volunteer waiver. The waiver will be attached to your confirmation email upon registering.
- This Build Day will include home construction activities
- Please arrive at 9:00 am prompt for safety instruction 12:00 – lunch break 2:00 - finish time. Compliance/Insurance require all volunteers to attend the safety training at 9:00 am.
- You can also view a video about Habitat volunteer safety training here: https://hfhaffiliateinsurance.com/volunteer
- All construction instruction, materials, supplies and PPE is provided – no experience necessary
- WAIVERS must be printed and signed – please bring them with you to the build site that day- the waiver is attached to your registration confirmation.
- Wear closed toe shoes, modest shorts or long pants/jeans & old clothing you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Plenty of water is provided, but pack and bring your own snacks/lunch.
- Photography is encouraged (pay particular attention to safety in photos!) and we’ll start the day with a team photo to share on social media!
Thanks for volunteering! Here’s a video for Habitat volunteers, and we look forward to building together!
Who does it take to build a Habitat house?