Circles is the family stabilization component of the St. Luke's Community Transformation Initiative in East Winter Garden. As part of the Circles community, Circle Leaders (persons striving to cross the poverty line) are empowered to reach their goals and break out of the cycle of poverty. Allies (volunteers from St. Luke's and elsewhere) and Circle Leaders build intentional friendships, enhance and increase their access to available resources, and expand their social capital as the Circle Leaders pursue their goals.
• Are passionate about ending poverty
• Commit with Circle Leaders (individuals working to get out of poverty) to grow an intentional friendship over 6 months
• Receive initial training (Bridges out of Poverty and COPE) plus training and support along the way
• Attend at least two weekly meetings per month in Winter Garden on Tuesday nights
• Learn a lot about themselves along the way